Blockchain Advisory Board Created By Reality Sharesbr>
Reality Shares, a San Diego, CA asset management firm, ETF issuer and index provider, has named six blockchain and cryptocurrency executives to its advisory board.
The move follows the company’s filing to create a blockchain ETF, partnering with Nasdaq to launch the Reality Shares Nasdaq Blockchain Economy Index, a smart-beta index tracking the growth and development of leading global companies creating and implementing blockchain solutions. On November 2, 2017, Reality Shares filed for an ETF that will track the Index.
The board will serve as an industry think tank, providing ideas and guidance on blockchain technology.
Members of the Reality Shares blockchain advisory board include:
- Erik Voorhees, founder of Coinapult and CEO of ShapeShift. He previously founded SatoshiDice, which accounted over half of the bitcoin network transactions in 2012 and 2013.
- Dr. Garrick Hileman, research fellow at the University of Cambridge and researcher at the London School of Economics. Hileman, recently ranked as one of the 100 most influential economists in the UK and Ireland, is best known for his research on cryptocurrencies and distributed ledger technology.
- Jeff Garzik, co-founder and CEO of Bloq, a blockchain enterprise software company. An early technology adopter, entrepreneur and software engineer, Garzik is one of the original core developers of both Linux and bitcoin open source software. He has served as a subject matter expert to governments, central banks, and other institutions.
- Matthew Roszak, founding partner of Tally Capital, a private investment firm focused on blockchain-enabled technology. Roszak is a blockchain investor, entrepreneur and advocate. He serves as chairman of the Chamber of Digital Commerce, the world’s largest trade association representing the blockchain industry.
- Steve Beauregard, founder and former CEO of blockchain payment processor GoCoin. He has spoken as a blockchain expert before U.S. Congress and the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- Derin Cag, founder of Richtopia and co-founder of Blockchain Age, a research center and digital data consultancy for blockchain technology.
“In recognizing the tremendous growth potential for blockchain technology while still in its infancy, this advisory board seeks to infuse our investment products and decisions with the knowledge and research of credible thought leaders in the space,” said Eric Ervin, CEO of Reality Shares. “Our newly-formed advisory board is comprised of well-regarded influencers at the forefront of blockchain innovation who are deeply entrenched in the disruptive technologies and ideas propelling the distributed ledger and cryptocurrency revolution.”