Kakao’s Blockchain Platform Klaytn Announces New Batch Of Initial Service Partnersbr>
Ground X, the blockchain subsidiary of South Korean chat giant Kakao, has added eight new service partners to its blockchain platform Klaytn, bringing the total number of partners to to 34.
Klaytn is an enterprise-grade, service-centric platform that brings user-friendly blockchain experience to millions. It combines the best features of both public blockchains (decentralized data & control, distributed governance) and private blockchains (low latency, high scalability) via an efficient ‘hybrid’ design. The platform enables businesses and entrepreneurs to capture value using blockchain technology. The mainnet of the platform will be launched on June 2.
The latest batch of initial service partners includes some of the most promising projects engaged in distinctive blockchain-empowered businesses in various industry domains. These include:
- nBlocksHunt – Operated by Neoply, the blockchain arm of one of Korea’s largest game companies, Neowiz, is a gamified location-based service, backed by VR technology. It allow users to discover and claim tokens by visiting offline stores.
- Directional – A blockchain-based peer-to-peer stock lending platform for individual investors. It disrupts the existing stock lending market by allowing individuals to lend and borrow securities on P2P basis, which would give them rewards in forms of interest yields in return.
- Sliver.tv – A US-based esports live streaming platform powered by the Theta blockchain network, a decentralized CDN (content delivery network). As the parent company of Theta Labs, which operates the Theta Network, Sliver.tv allows users to rebroadcast video streams with their excess bandwidth and earn token rewards in return, while significantly reducing the costs of video streams and driving incremental revenue for media and entertainment platforms.
- GUHADA – An e-commerce platform for pre-owned designer goods, operated by Singapore-based TEMCO. The platform allows users to verify the authenticity of the traded goods, whose certificates and transaction histories can be tracked, as recorded on blockchain.
- REDi – A blockchain-based marketplace for new and renewable energy.
- HAIVE – A UGC-based interactive language learning service from China.
- BolttCoin – An incentivized healthcare service from India, leveraging blockchain and gamification.
According to Ground X, the initial service partners will reinfornce Klaytn’s ecosystem by releasing their Blockchain Applications (BApps) at the time of the mainnet launch.
“With a mission to create substantial real use cases, we are partnering with promising blockchain projects developed by globally successful service providers with a prospective user base of tens of millions,” said Jason Han, the CEO of Ground X, heading the development and operation of Klaytn. “Together with our partners, Klaytn will take the blockchain industry to the next level by prioritizing our efforts towards the mass adoption of blockchain services as to substantiate the value and utility of blockchain technology.”